Modern slavery and human trafficking statement 2021 to 2022
Here are the steps Roberts Mart & Co Ltd has taken and continues to take to understand and minimise the potential risk of modern slavery in its business and supply chains.
This statement is published in line with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
About Roberts Mart & Co Ltd
Roberts Mart & Co Ltd are a leading supplier of printed flexible packaging, collation shrink wrap, laminated films, lidding films, polythene bags and paper products. We are also a leading supplier of recyclable flexible packaging solutions, working towards a sustainable future.
Our commitment to the principles of the Modern Slavery Act 2015
Roberts Mart & Co Ltd is committed to the principles of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the abolition of modern slavery and human trafficking.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we’re committed to creating and ensuring a non-discriminatory and respectful working environment for our staff. We want all our staff to feel confident that they can expose wrongdoing without any risk to themselves.
Our recruitment and people management processes are designed to ensure that all prospective employees are legally entitled to work in the UK and to safeguard employees from any abuse or coercion.
We do not enter into business with any organisation, in the UK or abroad, which knowingly supports or is found to be involved in slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour.
Our supply chain
Due to the nature of our business, we assess ourselves to have a low risk of modern slavery in our business and supply chains.
Our supply chains are limited and we procure goods and services from a restricted range of UK and overseas suppliers.
Roberts Mart & Co Ltd are a member of SEDEX, who are one of the world’s leading ethical trade membership organisations. We utilise the SEDEX online platform, tools and services to help ensure we operate responsibly, sustainably, protect our workers and source ethically.
The company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers.
Our policies in relation to the Modern Slavery Act 2015
The following policies are available to all staff through the Roberts Mart & Co Ltd intranet:
- Code of conduct
- Dignity at Work policy
- Diversity policy
- Ethics policy
- Recruitment and selection policy
- Whistleblowing policy
Embedding the principles
We will continue to embed the principles through:
- Providing awareness training to staff on the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and informing them of the appropriate action to take if they suspect a case of slavery or human trafficking.
- Ensuring that consideration of the modern slavery risks and prevention are added to Roberts Mart & Co Ltd.’s policy review process as an employer and procurer of goods and services.
- Making sure Roberts Mart & Co Ltd strategies and policies include references to modern slavery and human trafficking.
- Continuing to take action to embed a zero-tolerance policy towards modern slavery.
- Ensuring that staff involved in buying or procurement and the recruitment and deployment of workers receive training on modern slavery and ethical employment practices.
This statement has been approved by William Roberts, Managing Director, for the financial year ending 31 December 2022.
This statement will be reviewed and updated every year.