Trainee Ink Technician
Main Purpose of the role
Your main responsibilities are to prepare inks using GSE dispenser and Xrite colour management tools to produce accurate colour according to production plan, whilst adhering to the strict Health & Safety regulations and upholding the companies’ quality standards.
You will ensure that all products produced are to customer specifications will meet with quality assurance testing to achieve your KPI’s.
You will be expected to be a punctual individual who demonstrates a consistent level of attendance and upholds professional standards at all time.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Preparing inks using GSE dispenser and Xrite colour management tools to produce accurate colour according to production plan.
- Use of press returns inks
- Unloading ink deliveries and storing them in the locked compound
- Day to day ink store housekeeping
- Able to work unsupervised and adapted to physical work load
- Troubleshooting ink related issues on printing press
- Taking inks to press and bring returns back to ink store
- Maintaining dispensing system and ability to handle 200Kg barrels and 20Kg pails using appropriate tools
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- No experience required
- Be flexible and work to suit business needs
- Ability to work overtime to cover holidays and sickness
- Able to work under pressure
- Good communication
- Paying attention to details and following procedures
- Ability to use computer
- GSE or equivalent
- This post subject to Ishihara test
A reasonable level of fitness is required, as the role involves some physical activity e.g., lifting & bending.