Telesales and Marketing Executive
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual, with outstanding sales, customer service and marketing skills, with an engaging and responsive telephone manner to join our existing Sales and Customer Service teams in our Leeds Head Office. A role that’s all about planned and professional selling and maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
The role will be the dedicated point of contact for a range of sales requests and enquiries, taking ownership of new customer leads, any new customer issues and resolve or escalate them as appropriate. Maintaining a high level of commercial awareness by reviewing competitor activity, to make sure we enhance our position in the market will be important too.
To succeed, you’ll need an innate ability to build a rapport and establish ‘confident’ relationships with everyone you deal with. Marketing and telephone customer service experience, including having worked with and exceeded targets, is also essential, as are excellent negotiating, questioning and listening skills. A confident problem solver with a flair for planning and time management, with the ability to work within a team environment and or enjoy acting on own initiative.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills as well as sales and marketing ability.
- Initiating sales introductions with potential customers over the phone.
- Meticulous in keeping records, and able to handle all aspects of making an introduction of our Company and sales team.
- Asking questions to engage customers and keep the conversation going.
- Listening to the customers’ needs to generate sales introduction and arrange meetings/presentation for sales team.
- Assisting with organising and hosting presentations and customer visits
- Assisting with building a sales pipeline, including gathering and documenting customer information, payment methods, purchases, and reactions to products.
- Keeping up to date on all products and informing customers of new products.
- Answering customers’ questions on the products.
- Meeting sales quotas.
- Creative thinking skills.
- The patience and ability to engage customers in conversation.
- Good sales ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- The ability to handle rejection and stress in soliciting customers.
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns.
- Using the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
- Writing copy for all marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and websites.
- Understanding the product and customer profile and write thorough specs for each.
- Undertaking detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met.
- Assisting in the production of ongoing competitor analysis and reporting, with particular reference to pricing, presentation and promotion.
- Writing reports, company brochures and similar documents
Assisting with promotional activities, including promoting Company Brand and Culture
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Degree in Marketing would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong project management/organisational skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends.
- Understanding of customer segmentation.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Grade C
- Previous experience within a telesales and marketing focused role
- A customer-centric approach, with a natural drive to deliver the right quality outcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently interact with a broad range of customers and internal stakeholders
- The ability to work towards individual objectives whilst supporting a team ethos
- Taking ownership of tasks to see through to completion
- A quick learner to retain specialist information
- Data accuracy with strong computer literacy skills using Word, Outlook, Excel
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced office environment.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Effective numeracy and data analysing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of individuals and within groups.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Positive Work Ethic
- Team working skills
- Possess high regard for
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Quality and Hygiene in the workplace
- Environmental Awareness
If you feel you meet the criteria then we would love to hear from you.