Main Purpose of the job
As Quality Managers you are responsible for monitoring and evaluating internal production processes, examining products to determine their quality, and engaging with customers and gathering product feedback, among other duties.
You will need to be highly diligent, with excellent attention to detail for the role of Quality Manager. This is an important position and you will need to be highly conscientious and responsible, as defective products could cost a company significant loss, as well as damage to our reputation and brand name.
You will be responsible for:
• Understanding customer expectations of and needs from a product.
• Developing quality control processes.
• Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
• Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
• Examining the quality of raw materials that are used in production.
• Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes.
• Evaluating the final output of products to determine their quality.
• Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
• Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
• Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
• Reporting to upper management on quality standard issues.
• Evaluating product recalls.
• Improving production efficiency and managing waste.
• Managing the customer complaint and internal NCR systems to ensure proper recording, investigation and corrective actions are applied.
• Developing and improving these systems to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the business and drive improvements in quality and reduction in the cost of quality.
• Management and improvement of the ISO9001 Quality Management System, including procedures, documentation recent. Audits, Management Review and calibration.
• Internal auditing of the ISO9001 and BRC Hygiene System.
• Manage the BRC Systems.
• Communicating quality issues to the factory (Quality meetings, Quality briefs/notice boards, tool box talks) and developing/implementing effective corrective actions with Production/Technical staff.
• Create written management/technical/complaint reports professionally for customers and directors. Ability to discuss quality issues face to face with customers, shop floor and senior management.
• Assessing customer requirements with the Technical Manager and ensuring that these are met
• Monitoring of customer service standards/performance.
• Monitoring of raw materials and the quality performance of suppliers.
• Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with quality standards at both national and international level
• Working with operating and technical staff to establish procedures, standards and systems.
• Determine training needs (with Production/Technical/CI managers) to meet quality requirements and where appropriate delivering internal training.
• Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information regarding complaints, internal NCRs, factory/office KPIs.
• Supporting the Production Manager in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing etc techniques/projects on the factory floor to effect positive change in work culture.
• Surveillance lab testing of raw materials, finished goods (e.g., Susceptor), lab analysis of competitor’s, complaint and trial samples.
Key Areas of Focus
• Promote the quality objectives of the business to ensure that they are clearly understood at all levels of RM/RME.
• Develop the internal and external complaints systems so that deliver improvements/savings in both business centres.
• Reduce the cost to the business of quality faults through the implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
• Management of ISO9001 systems.
• To act as central point for recording and processing of internal and external complaints.
• Increase focus on quality at RME, write and implement SOPs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
• A strong ability to influence and articulate messages.
• Excellent Communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload.
• Problem solver and Proactive thinker.
• Ability to work both efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a large and varied team
• Flexibility and excellent attention to detail is essential.
• High working knowledge of all MS Packages including Excel and Word.
• Willingness to learn and a strong desire to develop and grow within the organisation.
• Enjoy working to deadlines and targets in a fast-paced environment.
• Have experience building relationships and liaising with stakeholders.
• Data Analysis and statistical aptitude.
• Highly conscientious and diligent.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with ability to check own work outputs.
• Enthusiastic, committed and flexible to the demands of a fast-paced business with a significant amount of change.