Our Technical Packaging Team are responsible for providing packaging technology expertise, knowledge, advice, and leadership across all flexible packaging formats. This is to ensure that Roberts Mart meets its supply (availability, quality, cost and compliance) objectives.
We are now looking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of a Packaging Technologist, based at Aire Valley House Leeds. Role profile to including:
• Assume responsibility for food contact & other regulatory matters – to include maintaining, updating and logging supplier SoCs and technical documentation for raw materials.
• Provide laboratory support and technical analysis for all aspects of the business. This to include: testing of trials, competitor sample analysis, complaint (and collating/despatching samples for external lab analysis), customer CoA, routine GC surveillance testing on print output.
• To maintain all laboratory equipment and to develop testing methods and procedures across both RM sites.
• Preparation of customer specific technical datasheets (TDS), questionnaires and specifications. Update and maintain RM’s library of generic TDS.
• Raise and deliver customer/process improvement projects from customer enquiry to completion of production trials.
• Attend selected customer trials to provide technical support. This may include a degree of regional travel within the UK and Europe.
• Provide admin support to the rest of the Technical Team with trial paperwork, samples etc.
• Support RM’s QA Dept. where necessary with complaint investigations, sorting exercises etc.
• Support Print Technical Manager with collection and preparation of customer colour target samples.
• Develop material and process knowledge/expertise (extrusion, print, lamination, slitting) with a view to taking on more complex trials/projects.
Relevant experience, in a technical discipline e.g. Packaging Technology, Material Science, etc.
Demonstrable and diverse exposure to flexible packaging formats in a regulated manufacturing business.
In depth knowledge and understanding of the regulated packaging manufacturing technologies development processes and the critical interdependent links.
A track record of success in supporting packaging issues across multiple regions, cross functionally, and dealing with a mix of different cultures.