Main Purpose of the role
Due to Sales growth, we have an opportunity for an individual to join our team, with experience of mounting print plates in preparation for print press operations, ensuring there is no waiting time and that you are always ahead of production demand. You will assist with any plate/registration issues.
You will be dynamic and enthusiastic, with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a great team of experienced Mounting Operatives in a fast paced / volume-manufacturing environment.
You will be expected to be a punctual individual who demonstrates a consistent level of attendance and upholds professional standards at all time.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that mounting jobs are prioritised for each individual press.
• Ensure the correct works ticket, plates and sleeves are being used prior to mount.
• Ensure all plates (front & back) and sleeves are cleaned using the correct solvent.
• Check that both the works ticket and lay sheet correspond with one another before continuing.
• Ensure plates match lay sheet and correct PIFA is being used.
• Align cameras to jobs specification.
• Ensure Team leader has checked and signed job specification after set up.
• Use correct mounting tape for each individual colour, as stated on works ticket or to the best of your knowledge.
• Ensure mounting jobs are logged using the APS system.
• Ensure all paperwork is correctly filled out and signed on works ticket on completion of required mounting job.
• Understands the use and need of Radius system.
• Ensure working area is clean, tidy and obstruction free.
• Communicate with Mounting Co-ordinator, Team leader and Shift Manager with any de-faults
• Operate in line with site health and safety, environmental and quality standards including BRC, ISO & A2 environmental.
• Organise your workload in line with the daily print programme, ensuring work is delivered against targets and customer requirements.
• Locate and Inspect Plates.
• Apply and Strip backing tape to sleeves using Applicator/De-mounter.
• Mount printing plates onto the appropriate sleeves, ensuring compliance with the dimensions agreed with the customer, as required.
• Demount Plates.
• Operate Plate Cleaner and ensure plates are cleaned prior to filing, completing and signing the relevant control.
• Store and identify printing plates for subsequent use as required.
• Ensure that all established quality standards are met.
• Assist with production operations as and when required including the maintenance and upkeep of relevant equipment.
• Ensure that mounting is organised in line with the production schedule and no more than 48 hours in advance, as the plan is flexible and subject to change.
• Check Orders, plates, process control, paperwork and requirements in advance of the plan, to enable production operate effectively. Ensure the Shift Manager is notified immediately of anything missing.
• To undertake reasonable requests as directed by the management from time to time.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
• Previous Mounting experience preferable.
• Previous experience in production environment essential.
• Exposure to quality, health, safety and environmental standards and practices within a production setting.
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing, i.e., 5S preferred.
A reasonable level of fitness is required, as the role involves some physical activity e.g., lifting & bending.
Your normal working hours are 40 hours per week, as follows:
40-hour week Monday to Friday – 12 hours Shift – on rota as follows;
• Monday to Friday – 07.00 a.m. to 19.00 p.m.
• Monday to Friday – 19.00 p.m. to 07.00 a.m.
You are entitled to one 30-minute paid lunch break and 2 x 15 minutes break each day at times agreed with your immediate Line Manager. Such break times may vary from day to day in order to ensure adequate coverage of critical service-related activities.
Please note the following;
• As there are paid breaks, employees cannot leave site. They must remain within the break/canteen areas. This is due to BRC Hygiene Standards needing to be met and adhered too.
• Roberts Mart is a no smoking/vaping site and employees receiving paid breaks will not be permitted to leave site for a smoke/vaping break.
Roberts Mart & Co Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies, which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Roberts Mart and will be considered property of Roberts Mart, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.
Should you wish to be considered as a supplier in the future or feel you have a niche skill set you can help with, then please send some company information to firstname.lastname@example.org naturally we receive a lot of calls and interest from agencies and as such we will only be in contact should we wish to discuss further. Unfortunately we will not be able to respond to all of you.