Main Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual with the relevant experience to fill a position within our print finishing department, working as a Lamination Operator.
Your main responsibilities will be to operate the laminating machine confidently and proficiently, as part of the secondary print environment, whilst adhering to the strict Health & Safety regulations and upholding the companies’ quality standards.
You will ensure that all products produced are to customer specifications will meet with quality assurance testing to achieve your KPI’s.
You will be expected to be a punctual individual who demonstrates a consistent level of attendance and upholds professional standards at all time.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for running one of the company’s lamination/coldseal machines, producing work, right first time to customer specifications, achieving all company operational KPI’s
• Ability to operate all machines within the dept
• Ensure that Lamination jobs are prioritised.
• Ensure the correct works ticket, is being used prior to Lamination.
• Ensure all documentation is correctly filled out and signed on works ticket on completion of required Lamination job.
• Understands the use and need of Radius system.
• Ensure working area is clean, tidy and obstruction free.
• Embrace continuous improvement initiatives
• Communicate with Lamination Manager or Shift Manager any de-faults
• Operate in line with site health and safety, environmental and quality standards including BRC, ISO & A2 environmental.
• Organise your workload in line with the daily print programme, ensuring work is delivered against targets and customer requirements.
• Ensure that all established quality standards are met.
• Assist with production operations as and when required including the maintenance and upkeep of relevant equipment.
• Ensure that Lamination is organised in line with the production schedule.
• Check Orders, process control, paperwork and requirements in advance of the plan, to enable production operate effectively. Ensure the Shift Manager is notified immediately of anything missing.
• Provide overtime cover as is necessary and reasonable.
• Follow cleaning regime ensuring all documentation is completed.
• To undertake reasonable requests as directed by the management from time to time.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
• Previous Lamination experience preferable.
• Previous experience in production environment and roles is essential.
• Exposure to quality, health, safety and environmental standards and practices within a production setting.
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing, i.e., 5S preferred.
• Reliable, motivated, and enthusiastic about producing a quality finished product to customer specifications.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines.
• Demonstrate being able to work as part of a team and be able to manage workload, operate machinery to allocated schedules without direction
• Be keen to learn new skills and be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude.
• Have a high level of attention to detail, including numeracy skills.
• Demonstrate personal accountability and have a ‘right first time’ approach.
• Mechanical knowledge would be of benefit.
A reasonable level of fitness is required, as the role involves some physical activity e.g., lifting & bending.
Your normal working hours are 40 hours per week, as follows:
40-hour week Monday to Friday – 12 hours Shift – on rota as follows;
• Monday to Friday – 07.00 a.m. to 19.00 p.m.
• Monday to Friday – 19.00 p.m. to 07.00 a.m.
You are entitled to two 30-minute paid breaks each day at times agreed with your immediate Line Manager. Such break times may vary from day to day in order to ensure adequate coverage of critical service-related activities.
Please note the following;
• As there are paid breaks, employees cannot leave site. They must remain within the break/canteen areas. This is due to BRC Hygiene Standards needing to be met and adhered too.
• Roberts Mart is a no smoking/vaping site and employees receiving paid breaks will not be permitted to leave site for a smoke/vaping break.
Roberts Mart & Co Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies, which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Roberts Mart and will be considered property of Roberts Mart, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.
Should you wish to be considered as a supplier in the future or feel you have a niche skill set you can help with, then please send some company information to email@example.com naturally we receive a lot of calls and interest from agencies and as such we will only be in contact should we wish to discuss further. Unfortunately we will not be able to respond to all of you.