The position exists to:
• Maintain the day to day production/quality and waste KPI’s.
• Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety, BRC and ISO are fully met.
• Maintain high standards of product quality.
The operator must be comfortable working in an environment of often competing and changing demands, can help promote change, is flexible and adaptable and is team orientated.
Nature and Scope
The role demands the following:
• Knowledge of Blown film Extrusion.
• Knowledge of polymers, the different types and how they affect the process.
• Knowledge of the product, and its performance and end use application.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety, ISO/BRC and hygiene standards.
• To maintain the daily production activities to ensure that all KPI requirements are met to the highest standard.
• Maintain production checks and sample retention to ensure correct specification is met on all orders
• Documentation/paperwork filled in accurately to BRC/ISO requirements.
• Health and Safety
• Ensure factory cleanliness and manage a ‘clean as you go’ standard
• Maintain high levels of product Quality
• Perform order changes
• Basic problem solving
• Trained to use Silo blower and resin drier.
• To assist in trialling and introduction of new film types with the Technical Manager and Supervisor.
• To participate in the training of the operators where appropriate.
• To provide flexibility in undertaking duties of a broadly similar nature that may be required from time to time.
• Ensure good shift to shift handovers
• Cleaning duties during machine shut down (i.e. Die strip/breakdown)
• Assist the Supervisor in implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of corrective actions in response to internal / external complaints.
• Encourage a continuous improvement culture by participating in improvement projects with the management teams.
Skills & Competencies Required
• Experienced and knowledgeable in the manufacture of PE.
• Good knowledge of ISO Quality systems and Hygiene Standards.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to listen and motivate fellow employees.
• Problem solving / creative thinking.
• Self-motivated and able to work off their own initiative.
• Team orientated.
• Time keeping/attendance