Nature and Scope
The role demands the following:
• Knowledge of Blown film Extrusion.
• Knowledge of polymers, the different types and how they affect the process.
• Knowledge of the product, and its performance and end use application.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety, ISO/BRC and hygiene standards.
• To maintain the daily production activities to ensure that all KPI requirements are met to the highest standard.
• Maintain production checks and sample retention to ensure correct specification is met on all orders
• Documentation/paperwork filled in accurately to BRC/ISO requirements.
• Health and Safety
• Ensure factory cleanliness and manage a ‘clean as you go’ standard
• Maintain high levels of product Quality
• Perform order changes
• Basic problem solving
• Trained to use Silo blower and resin drier.
• To assist in trialling and introduction of new film types with the Technical Manager and Supervisor.
• To participate in the training of the operators where appropriate.
• To provide flexibility in undertaking duties of a broadly similar nature that may be required from time to time.
• Ensure good shift to shift handovers
• Cleaning duties during machine shut down (i.e. Die strip/breakdown)
• Assist the Supervisor in implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of corrective actions in response to internal / external complaints.
• Encourage a continuous improvement culture by participating in improvement projects with the management teams.
Skills & Competencies Required
• Experienced and knowledgeable in the manufacture of PE.
• Good knowledge of ISO Quality systems and Hygiene Standards.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to listen and motivate fellow employees.
• Problem solving / creative thinking.
• Self-motivated and able to work off their own initiative.
• Team orientated.
• Time keeping/attendance