Main Purpose of the job
As the Estimator, you will be responsible to prepare job estimates and prepare large bid submissions or RFQ/RFP’s. The estimates will be generated in our ERP system. You will contact stakeholders within the business to get pricing, when necessary, to be incorporated into the job estimates.
You will be involved in forecasting project/job costs. Gathering details and compiling data to estimate all production costs according to specifications. Considers raw materials, labour, machinery and transportation for estimations. Help determine necessary resources for jobs based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints.
You will be responsible for:
• Prepare daily estimates.
• Prepare RFQ/RFP’s (large bid submissions).
• Participate in meetings with colleagues to review RFQ/RFP opportunities to strategize to win the potential business.
• Prepare reports of job estimates to actuals as required.
• Support and administer Estimating Standards in ERP as directed by the Commercial Director.
• Participate in Pricing reviews as required.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
• College or University degree qualified.
• 3 or more years’ experience as an Estimator preferably specific to Packaging (flexibles).
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, ERP and MRP systems/software.
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a customer service mindset to present themselves and represent the organisation in a professional courteous manner to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and partner across cross-functional lines (Sales, CSRs, and Manufacturing).
• Strong organisational and analytical skills for planning, monitoring and optimisation of production efficiencies in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Continuous learning to develop and maintain the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to achieve positive results.
• Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
• Problem solver and Proactive thinker.
• Flexibility and excellent attention to detail is essential.
• Willingness to learn and a strong desire to develop and grow within the organisation.
• Enjoy working to deadlines and targets in a fast-paced environment.
• Have experience building relationships and liaising with stakeholders.
• Data Analysis and statistical aptitude.
• Highly conscientious and diligent.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with ability to check own work outputs.
• Enthusiastic, committed and flexible to the demands of a fast-paced business with a significant amount of change.
• Any other duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Roberts Mart & Co Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies, which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Roberts Mart and will be considered property of Roberts Mart, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.
Should you wish to be considered as a supplier in the future or feel you have a niche skill set you can help with, then please send some company information to firstname.lastname@example.org naturally we receive a lot of calls and interest from agencies and as such we will only be in contact should we wish to discuss further. Unfortunately we will not be able to respond to all of you.